Usk and Monmouthshire - there are plenty of wonderful things to see and do in this stunning area!
Steeped in History…..
- Wonderful Historic Castles at Usk, Raglan, Chepstow, Goodrich, Caerphilly and further afield Roman remains in Caerleon and Caerwent. Great Welsh Life Museums at:
- Also for wonderful Hosted Historic Walks visit https://www.tracksthroughtime.co.uk/
- Usk Rural Life Museum http://uskmuseum.org/blog/
- The Usk Sessions House with its intact Victorian Court Room
- Great Circular Walks from the door around Springdale Reserve or more widely around the area, in Wentwood, along the Usk Trail: http://www.gps-routes.co.uk/routes/home.nsf/routeslinkswalks/usk-valley-walk-walking-route
- Wonderful cycling at Bike Park Wales www.bikeparkwales.com
- Pedalbikeway, Forest of Dean, along the Wye at Symonds Yat, or closer to home in Wentwood.
- A great day/ half day canoeing down the Wye: http://www.monmouthcanoe.co.uk/
- Explore the Wye Valley, Sugarloaf, Black mountains and Brecon Beacons further afield
- Golf at the Celtic Manor, St Pierre.
- Walk the banks or hire a boat for the day on the Monmouthshire Brecon Canal https://www.abcdayboathire.com/locations/goytre-wharf/
- Great fun to be had scaling the heights at Go Ape https://goape.co.uk/days-out/forest-of-dean
- …from your window if you’re feeling lazy!!
- Around the surrounding Springdale reserve, or one of the many other reserves in the area, visit http://www.gwentwildlife.org/wildlife/reserves for reserves, walks and activities.
- Catch a glimpse of deer in Wentwood.
- Or if you’re really lucky an otter along the banks of the river Usk.
- Visit the magical Clearwell Caves, http://www.clearwellcaves.com/
- Chepstow Races, http://www.chepstow-racecourse.co.uk/
- Rugby, Boxing, Music and Theatrical events in Cardiff, Newport and Bristol
Pubs and restaurants…..
Great pub grub in our 2 atmospheric local pubs just a walk from here:
Other pubs and restaurants in nearby Usk.
In addition there are great takeaways in Usk:
- Usk Traditional Fish and Chips
- The Raglan Fryer
- Dil Indian Cuisine - eat in or takeaway
- Freshly made takeaway Pizza at The Red Brick Cafe at Morris's of Usk, Llanbadoc (eat in or takeaway)
Or for a truly Gastronomic experience Monmouthshire is renowned for its fabulous restaurants: