Beautiful, newly renovated, eco-friendly barns in the heart of rural Monmouthshire, South Wales
Escape to the country. New Court Cottages are ideally situated for a totally relaxing break
Set within a nature reserve, the cottages have open access to beautiful walks and stunning views
The accommodation comprises of two luxury cottages
Booked together, they transform into a single property sleeping 8-10 in 4 bedrooms, 2 ensuite
2.5 hours from Central London, 40 mins from Bristol and Cardiff
7 mins from the beautiful small town of Usk and 20 mins from Chepstow, Monmouth and Abergavenny
Within easy reach of the Black Mountains, Wye Valley and Forest of Dean
Located deep in the heart of the beautiful Monmouthshire countryside, New Court is a working farm and livery yard set in Springdale wildlife reserve owned by the Gwent Wildlife Trust. An area of special scientific interest, renowned for its species rich hay meadows and superb woodland. It is grazed by our British White cattle, one of the most ancient breeds, and Lleyn sheep.
Our 2 luxurious cottages are set within this landscape with circular walks around the reserve and wider landscape from the door making them a wonderful rural hideaway from the everyday clamour of modern life whilst still being within easy access of the M4/ A449 thereby cutting journey times.
Outside the property is landscaped with a large lawned area to the rear, and contemporary gabion wall overplanted with grasses to the front, there is further garden to explore including small stream, wooded area and garden room. From the cottages there is direct, open access to the surrounding wildlife reserve and farm, from which there are stunning panoramic views across the Usk Valley towards the Black Mountains and Brecon Beacons.
Each cottage is simply and immaculately furnished with fully working kitchens, Hansgroghe rainshowers, our own white cow hide covers on each bed, luxury colour co-ordinated towels, plenty of luxury Welsh toiletries and wood for the log burner. Also included are tea, coffee, hot choc, S+P, oil and vinegar, eggs and a welcome pack of bread, milk and ingredients for either Continental or English breakfast for your first morning (veg on request). Contact us to order your preferred breakfast hamper.
- Wood burner (logs supplied, first basket free of charge)
- Some mobile reception
- TV with DVD and Freeview
- Electric oven
- Fridge freezer
- Dishwasher (in Yaffle Barn)
- Washer/ dryer (in Yaffle Barn)
- Bathrooms with ‘rainfall’ shower, loo, hand basin, towel rail heater, one with bath
- Luxury bedding, towels and toiletries included - our own white cow hide covers on each bed
- Electricity, heating and hot water included
- Baby-friendly (travel cot, high chair)
- Store cupboard essentials included (coffee, tea, sugar, s&p, olive oil etc)
- Also included is a welcome pack of bread, milk and ingredients for either Continental or English breakfast for your first morning (veg on request). Contact us to order your preferred breakfast hamper
- Please note that although two children can be accommodated on the sofas of Yaffle Barn they are in the living-room, not a separate bedroom, so may not suit everyone
- Well behaved dogs welcome, £10 surcharge a night, but please note we have our own dogs and free range chickens
- Local information
- Visitors have their own private seating area outside each room in addition to large lawn, garden furniture and barbeque
- Close to superb restaurants and pubs
- 7 minutes drive to Usk and 20 to Monmouth, Chepstow and Abergavenny for good shops, restaurants and cafes
- 2.5hr from Central London, 40 mins from Bristol and Cardiff for quick escape!
- Want to bring your own horse and enjoy the wonderful hacking and menage facilities? We can accommodate horses on our adjacent livery yard – contact us for details / costs
DON'T JUST TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT - WHAT OUR GUESTS SAY ABOUT US .......
"What a great place to stay!! Communication prior to our arrival was very good. We received a warm welcome and got lots of information. The house is gorgeous, Matt and Ellie have thought of everything you might need, including thick luxurious towels and a fully equipped kitchen. Everything is clean. The surrounding area is absolutely beautiful and town is just a 15 minutes drive away despite feeling like you’re in the middle of nowhere. I really cannot recommend this place highly enough, thank you!"
"To be short and sweet this is possibly amongst my top 3 places I have ever stayed and I am away approx 150-200 nights a year both social and business. Amazing location, very nice owners and management. Design and layout of the property is perfect and is a home away from home. I will be revisiting numerous times next year with family and friends without a doubt."
"This is an amazing find, well off the beaten track. We were made to feel very welcome to this superbly modernised and fitted out barn conversion. The log fire made it feel particularly inviting as did the rest of the unexpected added extras. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Yaffle Barn to others."
"Beautiful house. Fully equipped.We had a relaxing time.Matt was a perfect host. We loved the fireplace. Definitely we will come back again!"
"We had the most blissful stay here. Stayed for two nights on our first visit. Couldn't have been made any more welcome in the already comfortable, wonderful and gorgeous Yaffle Barn. What a beautiful place to relax and unwind. Loved it! Thank you so much."
Georgia and Zak
New Court provides the perfect get away from it all break! Immerse yourself in beautiful scenery, and the peace and tranquility of nature at New Court Cottages.
Take a look at this little video shared by Gwent Wildlife Trust of the beautiful scenery surrounding New Court Cottages at Springdale Nature Reserve which has been designated an area of special scientific interest (SSI).
All this is right on your cottage doorstep to explore if you come stay with us!
Walk, relax, dream, enjoy!